The City of Marco Island is in the process of converting from lime softening to low-pressure reverse osmosis to reduce significant annual operating cost, while significantly improving finished water quality, reliability and operability. The new RO system will treat MF filtered high-TOC surface water from the existing North Water Treatment Plant. This presentation will discuss the pilot operating data and the challenges and lessons learned during the piloting of the proposed LPRO system. The presentation will also discuss the cost and operational impacts of the proposed pretreatment options on a capital, operating and lifecycle cost basis.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Mike Witwer / Joe Elarde / Jeff Poteet / Justin Martin / Nickolas Easter
- CH2M HILL, Inc. / City of Marco Island
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Long Beach, CA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Membrane, Pretreatment, Optimization, Reverse Osmosis, Cleaning