This presentation outlines the use of Nanofiltration to enhance the retention time of OMPs in a Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR) and the overall removal via biodegradation as well as through direct rejection, especially for moderately biodegradable and refractory compounds. Although better performance was achieved with SBR-NF than SBR alone, it would not an absolute barrier for OMPs discharge from WWTPs. Coupling post treatment such as adsorption and/or oxidation would be necessary to remove some of the recalcitrant compounds.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Chun-Hai Wei / Nan Wang / Christiane HoppeJones / Gary L. Amy / TorOve Leiknes
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Orlando, FL
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Organic Micro Pollutants (OMP), Aquatic Ecosystems, Aerobic Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR)