Reverse osmosis (RO) has played an important role in the practice of potable reuse yet there remains a substantial discrepancy between its actual performance and awarded pathogen log removal credit. The primary objective of this study was to evaluate alternative surrogates, both naturally occurring as well as seeded to RO feed water, that offer higher levels of removal in comparison to currently employed methods, such as electrical conductivity and total organic carbon.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Rodrigo Tackaert / Aleksey Pisarenko / Rhodes Trussell / Shane Trussell
- Trussell Technologies, Inc.
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Pathogen Removal, RO, Alternative