In forward osmosis applications the cellulose acetate (CA) membrane offers the best performance but carries the limitation of not tolerating a basic feed water. This characteristic eliminates the CA membrane from use with the ammonia-carbon dioxide (NH3-CO2) draw solution. Treatment of conventional reverse osmosis membrane with polydopamine improves the hydrophilic properties of the membrane.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Jason T. Arena / Seetha S. Manickam / Kevin K. Reimund / Benny D. Freeman / Jeffrey R. McCutcheon
- University of Connecticut / The University of Texas at Austin
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- ICP, Polydopamine, Forward Osmosis Hydrophilic