The State Water Resources Control Board adopted the Desalination Amendment to the California Ocean Plan in 2015. The Desalination Amendment requires newe or expanded seawater desalination facilities to use the best available site, design, technology, and mitigation measures to minimize intake and mortality of all forms of marine life. This presentation will describe the Desalination Amendment’s requirements, including preferred technologies for seawater intake and brine discharge, and will provide an overview of the permit application process through the regional water quality control boards.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Kimberly Tenggardjaja, PhD
- California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB)
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Long Beach, CA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Seawater, Desalination, Permitting, Regulatory