To meet the current and future water demand needs, the city of Pearland is planning to construct a new membrane Surface Water Treatment Plant. The plant will have a production capacity of 10 MGD in Phase I, will be in operation by January 2023 and will be expanded to 20 MGD in Phase II. The ultimate goal is to provide an affordable, well-blended, aesthetically pleasing, safe-to-drink finished water to serve the local community and make a seamless transition. The city has engaged a technical advisor to serve as owner?s representative to manage the flow of work for the SWTP program. This paper discusses this unique project approach and its benefits on the entire project from an owner?s perspective.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Yue Sun, PE, BCEE / Jeff Peters, PE, BCEE / Eric Wilson / Andrea Brinkley
- Ardurra Group / Ardurra Group / City of Pearland / City of Pearland
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Surface Water Treatment Plant, Planning, Owner