The oxygen transfer efficiency in the aeration process plays a large role in determining the size and footprint of MBR equipment. Higher concentrations of MLSS tend to restrict the oxygen transfer process when using a conventional fine or coarse bubble process. The Supersaturated Dissolved Oxygen Injection System (SDOX) significantly increases oxygen transfer, is not affected by MLSS concentrations, requires less energy, and requires less footprint than conventional fine/coarse bubble systems.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Zeeshan Bilal / Hector Garcia / Carlos Lopez-Vazquez / Christine Hooijmans / Christopher Milligan, P.E. / Aridai Herrera / Damir Brdjanovic
- UNESCO-IHE, Institute for Water Education / BlueInGreen, LLC. / JCI Industries / Delft University of Technology
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Oxygen transfer, MBR, SDOX