There are thousands of implementations of reverse osmosis (RO) treating industrial water. However, options for treating RO brine are limited. The proposed paper will introduce two novel technologies for residuals management and zero liquid discharge (ZLD). Operational results in industrial applications will be presented, along with economic comparison to conventional technologies. The innovative technologies that will be presented are a salt-splitting electrodialysis (ED)-RO hybrid and a non-metallic, low-temperature, energy-efficient evaporator crystallizer. The abstract should be added to the program to inform the water treatment industry of novel low-cost solutions for treating RO brine that are already in operation at industrial sites.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Megan Low / Malcolm Man / Anisa Maruschak / Ben Sparrow / Xiangchun Yin / Zhongyuan Zhou
- Saltworks Technologies, Inc.
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Scaling Salts, Low Cost, RO Brine Treatment