This paper and presentation review the performance of one of the first large-scale membrane systems using Dow ultrafiltration (UF) membranes after 18 months of operation. Performance in terms of membrane integrity, permeability, log removal value (LRV) results, and cleaning requirements are reported over this period. The improvements made to reduce disinfection by-products (DBPs) and the resulting levels are also presented, showing the benefits of membrane filtration for an integrated treatment strategy.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Eric Paulson / Michael Bourke / John Trebesch
- Wigen Water Technologies / Indian Health Service
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Ultrafiltration, Non-Proprietary System