Many new RO systems are including equipment and controls to provide flux balancing. In our experience, the proper application of flux balancing is not well understood by the RO design community and can be misapplied or provided with inadequate controls for flexible operation of the RO system. This presentation will help educate RO system designers and operators alike on when to include flux balancing in a system and how to properly control the interstage boost pumps or other equipment used to shift the flux between stages.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- John Perlman / Alex E. Wesner, PE / Gabriela Handley
- Separation Processes, Inc.
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- RO, Flux Balancing, Energy Recovery