This project will provide 2,000 gallons per day of clean drinking water for the residents of Po Plume, Haiti, a community of about 500 people with no electricity whose only water source is brackish. The water treatment consists of a solar-powered Reverse-Osmosis (RO) system. A telemetry system will enable us to monitor the solar system and monitor and control the RO system remotely.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Ivonne Santiago, Ph.D., P.E.
- University of Texas at El Paso
- AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop, El Paso, TX
- Session 3: High Tech Desalination
- Reverse-Osmosis, Telemetry, Solar-Powered