San Antonio, along with many parts of Texas is experiencing double digit growth rates every 10 years. San Antonio Water System (SAWS) must be able to provide adequate water supplies in order to meet this growth. SAWS, currently gets the majority of their drinking water from the Edwards Aquifer, but water levels are decreasing, resulting in limitations on water withdrawals imposed by regulatory agencies. This reality has resulted in SAWS looking for ways to diversify their water sources, including brackish groundwater located in an aquifer beneath the Edwards.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Esther Harrah, PE / Bill Davis, PE
- San Antonio Water System / Black & Veatch
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Brackish, Groundwater, Desalination