The City of Fargo Water Treatment Plant (WTP) recently piloted GE submerged ZeeWeed 1000, Siemens encased MemCor L20N, and Pall encased UNA-620A membranes for its new 15 million gallons per day (mgd) membrane WTP. The source water Sheyenne River quality is challenging for membrane treatment: elevated total dissolved salts, high total organic content, and long cold season (34-35 øF (1.1-1.7 øC ) for 4-6 month annually). The goal of the pilot study was to determine flux and other conditions to yield stable, repeatable performance, especially clean permeability. Results and conclusions are discussed herein.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Qigang Chang, PhD, PE / Dave Buchholz
- Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services (AE2S) / Fargo Water Treatment Plant
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- MF/UF, CIP, Municipal water treatment, Low pressure membranes