James City Service Authority (JCSA) has been successfully operating a 5.0 MGD brackish water RO plant since April 2005. Although the membranes were still meeting the water quality requirements, budget was set aside to replace them primarily due to their age, to reduce power consumption, take advantage of the newer membrane technology and have more flexibility in meeting future water quality needs with better permeate quality of new membranes. Membranes in all four RO skids were replaced starting in December 2016 and finishing in February 2017. This paper and presentation will provide a step-by-step procedure for purchasing, delivery, preparation, removal, disposal and installation of the 12 year old membranes.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Bruce Capps / Ben Movahed, PE, BCEE
- James City Service Authority / WATEK Engineering Corporation
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- RO, Replacement, Procedure