Ultrafiltration (UF) membrane systems are an attractive technology for groundwater and surface water treatment. Proper system design is especially critical in surface waters with higher levels of organic and solid materials. For these difficult waters, membrane filtration is often substantially improved through effective pretreatment and maintenance cleaning. Pretreatment lessens membrane fouling and, therefore, reduces cleaning requirements and costs. Pretreatment for organic removal also leads to reduced formation of disinfection by-products (DBPs).The objective of this work was to provide an economic and
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Elisabeth Linton, PE / Lindsay Housley / Cory Topham
- WesTech Engineering, Inc.
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Glendale, AZ
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Strategies, Pretreatment, Solids Contact