Brazos Regional Public Utility Agency Surface Water and Treatment System completed bench test and resultant full-scale implementation for pretreatment coagulant changes from iron-based to aluminum-based coagulants. This includes optimization of clarification followed by membrane filtration and the change of operation from coagulant, flocculation, sedimentation to operation in direct-membrane filtration mode (no sedimentation prior to membrane filtration). This presentation will discuss the key challenges of implementing the bench test findings at full scale, as well as dicuss the challenges of membrane optimization during the process.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Alain Richard / Tyler Hudson
- Brazos Regional Public Utility Agency / Hazen and Sawyer
- AMTA/SCMA Technology Transfer Workshop, Oklahoma City, OK
- AMTA/SCMA Technology Transfer Workshop
- Coagulant Change, Membrane Optimization, Pretreatment / Direct Filtration