Subsurface intakes can be used as part of the pretreatment system for seawater reverse osmosis facilities. Wells of various designs and galleries are being used for intakes at many site globally in order to reduce pretreatment costs, chemical usage, biofouling potential, and environmental impacts (entrainment and impingement). The goal of using a subsurface intake is to reduce or replace conventional pretreatment processes.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Thomas Missimer, PhD, P.G.
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Reverse Osmosis, Seawater Desalination, Seabed Gallery Intake