|Job Title:||Technical Service Engineer, LATAM|
|Company:||LG Water Solutions|
|Job Location:||Latin America|
firstname.lastname@example.org | 424-352-5042
Please click here to apply on LG Chem’s career page.
About the Company:
“We connect science to life for a better future.”
LG Chem – Leading the Chemical Industry Globally (http://www.lgchem.com)
LG Chem endeavors to become a ‘Global Top 5 Chemical Company’ with a balanced business portfolio with a competitive advantage across the globe, including business divisions in petrochemicals, advanced materials, life sciences, water solutions, and a subsidiary specializing in batteries.
LG Water Solutions (www.lgwatersolutions.com), a division of LG Chem, manufactures NanoH2O™ seawater and brackish water reverse osmosis (RO) membrane elements based on the breakthrough Thin-Film Nanocomposite (TFN) technology. TFN technology improves membrane performance by embedding benign nanoparticles on the membrane surface and increasing flux without compromising salt rejection.
NanoH2O™ SWRO membranes deliver industry-leading salt rejection and up to 20% more flow than conventional RO membranes, significantly reducing the cost of desalination while producing superior water quality.
NanoH2O™ BWRO membranes are engineered to lower OPEX through the intrinsic anti-fouling and durable membrane properties resulting in a lower total cost of plant ownership.
Provide field support and perform technical service functions associated with the sale of LG NanoH2O products in Latin America (LATAM) region. These functions include, plant commissioning and startup, troubleshooting, handling customer inquiries, and other types of technical service requests. Participate in pilot programs and implementation of new software related to tracking performance and energy savings offered by LG NanoH2O products. Travel required.
- Be responsible for the startup and commissioning of commercial projects related to the sale of NanoH2O products. This support includes preliminary site inspection, element loading supervision, observation of initial plant startup, and observation of acceptance testing. Prepare reports at startup comparing the actual performance to projected performance.
- Create and manage reports and files of startup and commissioning work by routinely updating Salesforce records and SharePoint folders.
- Provide primary support in response to technical service requests. These requests will include: troubleshooting, handling customer complaints, and handling customer requests for technical decisions as they relate to specific projects. Primary support means determining the most probable cause of reported problems. Once causes have been identified, provide technical explanation and assistance to customer in the event of a customer equipment problem, and provide accurate, detailed feedback to appropriate LG NanoH2O departments in the event of LG NanoH2O product problem.
- Provide the following troubleshooting services if necessary: conductivity profiles of individual pressure vessels, assembling and using kits to probe pressure vessels for conductivity measurement, collection of water samples for shipment to LG Chem lab, balancing of water analyses to determine accurate feed water chemistry for use in Q+ projection software, analysis of membrane performance by mass balance calculations, field packaging and shipment of RO elements to be returned as part of the RMA process, assembling and using kits to measure feed water silt density, attending jobsite meetings (some after hours or on weekends), and using MS Office programs to report findings.
- Create and manage reports and files of troubleshooting work by routinely updating Salesforce records and SharePoint folders
- Be proficient in the use of NanoH2O data normalization software (QSee) and projection software (QPlus). Be able to train end-users, OEMS, and engineers on the proper use of the software. Be able to interpret data trends to understand, troubleshoot, and propose corrections to unwanted changes in RO unit performance.
- Participate in and when applicable manage pilot and demonstration tests of NanoH2O products. This includes following test protocols based on input from Research/Development, Applications Engineering, and Sales/Marketing. Before, during, and after pilot and demonstration testing, prepare and distribute status reports.
- When schedule permits, provide basic bid preparation work as requested by Sales. Basic sales support includes preparing Q+ performance projection per standard guidelines provided by Applications Engineering, simple comparison of LG NanoH2O performance vs competitor’s projected performance, assisting with training seminars, and preparing technical content for marketing literature.
- Participate in regional events such as Aladyr or distributors seminars and give technical presentation during events.
- Provide support for the RMA process. Initiate the RMA process with the completion of an RMA request form. RMA process may also involve the removal, proper packing, and shipment of used RO elements. Also entailed is solving logistic problems when working in remote locations to assure timely shipment of RMA products.
- Make sure that company equipment and instruments are properly maintained and calibrated.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the NanoH2O Technical Manual and other technical literature as the need arises.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Four (4) year technical degree or equivalent job-related certification requiring continuing education credits.
- Five (5) years of work experience in jobsite commissioning and troubleshooting of reverse osmosis systems or related industries.
- Fluent in English and Spanish – spoken and written.
- Work experience involving travel, communication with other company departments, and direct customer communication.
- Previous experience working in a field office.
- Proven attention to detail and organization.
- Self-starting on basic technical assignments.
- Ability to handle problems in the field as they occur including communicating with customers in a reassuring way.
- Ability and desire to always improve verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel, efficiently and economically, as required to meet job requirements (some weekend travel required).
Standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, light lifting up to 25 Kg, computer operation, frequent travel as required by air/rail/auto, ability to work in an office, manufacturing, and jobsite environment.