This presentation elaborates on functions and construction principles of Ultrafiltration and Microfiltration. These membrane processes reject particles, pathogens, high molecular weight species, and ultimately, lower turbidity. However, UF and MF do not reject any dissolved salts, dissolved organics, or other species like true color and taste & odor. Thin-Film Composite Membrane Elements have allowed greater range of operating conditions, increased rejection properties and higher permeate flow. They can be operated under dead end or cross flow, and outside-in or Inside-out. A brief review of High Pressure – RO and NF membrane elements is also provided.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Harold Fravel, Jr., Ph.D.
- Dow Water & Process Solutions
- AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop, Dayton, OH
- AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop
- Ultrafiltration Membrane Systems, Microfiltration Membrane Systems