This paper describes the use of tubular membrane filtration (TMF) as an alternative to traditional settling methods that may offer advantages, particularly in cases of high levels of silica and hardness. The effectiveness of TMF compared to a gravity clarification model is discussed in this paper. The TMF system used in this comparison was a cross-flow designed tubular composite filtration media comprised of a sintered porous plastic supporting structure with PVDF membrane.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Gary Mao / Sheldon Taylor / Jerry Raney / Alan Walton / Doug Frick / Jeff Williams
- Porex Corporation / Porex Taylor
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- tubular membrane, settling, water reuse