This paper describes the operational experience and water treatment results obtained from a 0.3 MGD desal demo plant that uses the following processes: subsurface intakes (for pre-treatment), cartridge filtration (for RO unit protection), RO, UV disinfection, pH adjustment and calcite contactors (for stabilization) and chlorination. The results obtained from the demo plant are critical to the design of a full-scale desal plant that has a capacity up to 9.6 MGD.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Eric Sabolsice / Jack Wang / Nina Miller / Robert James
- California American Water
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Desalination, Subsurface Intake, Reverse Osmosis