The City of Corpus Christi is performing nanofiltration (NF) pilot testing as a way of evaluating the feasibility of returning to free chlorine disinfection from the current usage of chloramine. The NF pilot will verify performance of the treatment process to remove organics and DBP formation potential. Utilities that are currently using free chlorine or considering the switch from chloramines to free chlorine as a distribution system disinfectant will gain knowledge regarding the usage of nanofiltration to lower the risk of Disinfection Byproducts (DBPs). Those utilities using chloramines will also learn about the benefits and challenges of implementation of a NF pilot system for the treatment of surface water organics.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Kristen Cope, EIT / Gabriel Ramirez
- Hazen and Sawyer / City of Corpus Christi
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Specific Contaminant Removal, Organics, NF