Membership in AMTA brings the satisfaction of belonging to the premier U.S. organization dedicated to the application of membrane filtration and desalting processes for water treatment. Some of the specific programs, services and opportunities available include:
Educational Workshops, Seminars and Conferences
- AMTA conducts technical workshops and regional training seminars throughout the United States. Sessions focus on legislative and regulatory matters, technical and operational issues, legal and management issues, funding, membrane technology, cost reduction, regional and federal grassroots lobbying, and other important topics.
- AMTA members receive discounted rates at AMTA Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences
- AMTA sponsors with AWWA the nation’s largest Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition which is structured to promote information exchange on all aspects of membrane filtration and water use as well as exhibits on new technology and formal recognition of outstanding contributions to the industry.
- AMTA provides a platform for discussion of a wide variety of water supply improvement topics.
Awards and Fellowships
- AMTA gives out a number of awards including the Hall of Fame Award, the Membrane Facility of the Year and the Robert O. Vernon Membrane Plant Operator of the Year. A full description of all the awards and scholarships can be found on the AMTA Awards page.
Networking and Information Exchange
- AMTA provides networking opportunities – regionally, nationally and internationally – between industry and utilities as well as information and experience exchange between members of the membrane industry. Members receive access to up-to-date information on vital worldwide operating data, groundbreaking water research programs, water user needs, products and manufacturer services.
Publications and Reports
- AMTA members have access Solutions the quarterly publication, which is sent and available on AMTA’s website, provides up-to-date information on legislation, regulations, legal matters, new projects, management issues, activities and trends impacting the desalting industry.
- AMTA members receive complimentary copies of all technical white papers and reports published and distributed by the Association.
- AMTA affords members the opportunity to submit articles for AMTA publications, which are broadly distributed within the membrane filtration and desalination industry.
- AMTA offers members complimentary access to the Digital Library which includes proceedings and papers from AMTA Workshops and AMTA/AWWA MTC Conferences.
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
- AMTA is the nation’s leading advocate of membrane technology, and continues to be a strong voice for regulatory and legislative change.
- AMTA leads the effort to remove regulatory obstacles and encourage increased use of membrane filtration and desalting processes for water.
- AMTA represents membrane filtration interests before the U.S. Congress, state legislatures, state and federal regulatory agencies and the media.
- AMTA spearheads grassroots response to important legislation and regulations.
- AMTA monitors the development and implementation of state and federal regulations, prepares testimony and comments on issues affecting the industry, and negotiates appropriate changes.
- AMTA directs public education and relations activities, which include interfacing with key press, policy makers, organizations and public officials to promote membrane technology awareness throughout the United States.
- AMTA’s affiliation with IDA provides AMTA members discounted rates on IDA technical conferences, seminars, workshops and publications.
- AMTA provides a directory of AMTA members via this website which serves as an important reference of technical authorities and suppliers in the membrane technology industry.
- AMTA membership also means discounts on all AMTA sponsored conferences, workshops and seminars, exhibit/trade shows, advertising rates, and additional copies of publications.
Additional Benefits for Division 1 and 2 Members
- Member companies have the opportunity to submit a one-hundred word or less description of the company’s profile for inclusion with their membership information.
- To attract people interested in the membrane technology to the member company, AMTA will provide a link from AMTA’s website to the company’s website.
- To promote your company’s services or network with AMTA members, all members have access to the member only portal and can download or view current member contact information. This information can be downloaded as an excel file for easy communications.
- Division 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D members will receive additional affiliate members with their membership renewal. The designated Division 1 or 2 primary member will have discretion upon application and each year at renewal to designate who will receive these additional Division 3 affiliate memberships that are included with their Primary membership. Each Division 1A will receive 3 additional affiliate members; each Division 1B, 1D and 1E will receive 2 additional affiliate members; each 1C will receive 1 additional affiliate member; each Division 2A will receive 14 additional affiliate members; each Division 2B will receive 9 additional affiliate members; each Division 2C will receive 4 additional affiliate members; and each Division 2D will receive 1 additional affiliate member.
To apply for membership, fill out an Online Membership Application Form.