Planting the Seeds for Membranes in the Midwest US
(Click on the brochure to view details)
SESSION 1: MEMBRANE BASICS, OVERVIEW AND REGULATIONS
Moderator: Tom Imbornone, Avista Technologies, Inc.
- Water Chemistry, Scale Inhibition, Cleaning
Connor Campbell, AWC
- Membrane Design and Troubleshooting Basics, NF/RO
Steve Troyer, Fox Engineering
- Membrane Design and Troubleshooting Basics, MF/UF
Wayne Bates, Hydranautics
- Laboratory, Autopsy
Amit Sankhe, PWT Chemicals
- How Chloride and Sulfate Monitoring Affects Membrane Plant Operation
Travis Pender, US Water Utility Group
Carmily Stone, Iowa DNR
Taroon Bidar, Iowa DNR
SESSION 2: Facility Tour
Moderator: Julie Nemeth-Harn, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
- Facility Overview
Nick Deardorff, US Water Services Corporation
- Facility Tour – Grimes Water Treatment Plant
Thursday, May 12, 2022
SESSION 3: Membrane Case Studies and Application Reviews
Moderator: Gregory Madden, H2O Innovation
- Understanding Rejection in Reverse Osmosis Systems
Tom Imbornone, Avista Technologies, Inc.
- Integrated Membrane System for Multi-Contaminant Removal for Town of Walkersville, Maryland
Ben Movahed, WATEK Engineering Corporation
- Mid-West Membrane Projects: Lessons Learned from Pilot Studies and Start-ups
Isabel Cunningham, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
- 2 MGD GSF-RO at Prestage Foods – Issues with Mn+2
Michael Bourke, Wigen Water Technologies
- Expansion of System at Saylorville – Submerged vs. Encased, Plus RO Expansion
Nathan Kutil, HDR, Inc.
- Fargo 15 MGD Integrated Membrane WTP: Pilot Study, Commissioning, Operation and Optimization
Qigang Chang, Advanced Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S)
SESSION 4: Membrane Applications/Special Discussion Items
Moderator: Zoreh Movahed, WATEK Engineering Corporation
- PFAS: The Problems, the Current Solutions, the Federal and State Funding
Adam Albrecht, American Meltblown Filtration
- Ceramic Pilot in Q1 of 2022 for a Surface Water Plant in ND
Brian Hoellein, Bartlett & West
- Byesville, OH Drinking Water Plant Using Multibore Membrane
David Holland, Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Inc.
Registration for the AMTA Joint Technology Transfer Workshop is now open. For the best prices, register by Monday, April 25, 2022.
Make your lodging arrangements directly with the West Des Moines Marriott by phone at (515) 267-1500. Refer to AMTA for the discounted room rate, which is available until Sunday, April 24, 2022.