Planting the Seeds for Membranes in the Midwest US
(Click on the brochure to view details)
SESSION 1: MEMBRANE BASICS, OVERVIEW AND REGULATIONS
Moderator: Tom Imbornone, Avista Technologies, Inc.
- Developing a Cleaning Procedure and Reducing
Darrell Byrer, American Water Chemicals, Inc.
- Conor Campbell, American Water Chemicals, Inc.
- Membrane Design and Troubleshooting Basics, NF/RO
Steve Troyer, Fox Engineering
- Membrane Design and Troubleshooting Basics, MF/UF
Wayne Bates, Hydranautics
- Membrane Autopsy and Foulant Analyses
Amit Sankhe, PWT Chemicals
- Fort Dodge Reverse Osmosis Facility Case Study
Travis Pender, US Water Utility Group
- Membranes in Iowa – Regulatory Considerations
Carmily Stone, Iowa DNR
Taroon Bidar, Iowa DNR
SESSION 2: Facility Tour
Moderator: Julie Nemeth-Harn, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
- Grimes Water Treatment Plant Facility Overview
Nick Deardorff, US Water Services Corporation
- Facility Tour – Grimes Water Treatment Plant – Learn more about the Grimes Water Treatment Plant (highlighted in Solutions February 2022)
Thursday, May 12, 2022
SESSION 3: Membrane Case Studies and Application Reviews
Moderator: Gregory Madden, H2O Innovation
- Understanding Rejection: The Path to a Healthy Membrane Life
Tom Imbornone, Avista Technologies, Inc.
- Integrated Membrane System Solves Multi-Contaminant Issues for Town of Walkersville in Maryland
Ben Movahed, WATEK Engineering Corporation
- Mid-West Membrane Projects: Lessons Learned from Pilot Studies and Full-scale Start-ups
Isabel Cunningham, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
Julie Nemeth-Harn, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
- Pilot Study and Full-Scale Implementation of Greensand Filtration and Reverse Osmosis at Prestage Foods
Michael Bourke, Wigen Water Technologies
- Options for Expanding the Des Moines Saylorville Membrane Filtration Plant
Nathan Kutil, HDR, Inc.
- Fargo 15 MGD Integrated Membrane WTP: Pilot Study, Commissioning, Operation and Optimization
Qigang Chang, Advanced Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S)
SESSION 4: Membrane Applications/Special Discussion Items
Moderator: Zoreh Movahed, WATEK Engineering Corporation
- PFAS Contamination and Current Solutions
Adam Albrecht, American Meltblown Filtration
- Ceramic Pilot Testing for Potential Use in a 10+ Year Old Polymeric Membrane Plant
Brian Hoellein, Bartlett & West
- Lessons Learned in Eight Years of Operating Multi-bore Ultrafiltration Membranes at the Byesville, Ohio Drinking Water Plant
David Holland, Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Inc.
Registration for the AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop is now open. For the best prices, register by Monday, April 25, 2022.
Make your lodging arrangements directly with the West Des Moines Marriott by booking online or by phone at (515) 267-1500. Room block rate is $139 USD per night. When you call refer to AMTA for the discounted room rate, which is available until Sunday, April 24, 2022.